Love, Ruby Lavender
Love, Ruby Lavender is now republished in paperback with the original cover art by Marla Frazee.
- An American Library Association Notable Book for Children
- An NCTE Notable Book in the Language Arts
- A Booksense ’76 Pick
- A Capitol Choices Noteworthy Book for Children
- One Hundred Titles for Reading and Sharing, New York Public Library
- Children’s Literature Choice List
- Parent’s Guide Children’s Media Award
- Nominated for SEBA’s best children’s book of the year
When Ruby’s grandmother, Miss Eula goes to visit her new grandbaby in Hawaii, Ruby is sure that she will have a lonely, empty, horrible summer without her in boring old Halleluia, Mississippi. What happens instead? She makes a new friend, saves the school play, writes plenty of letters to her favorite (and only) grandmother . . . and finally learns to stop blaming herself for her grandfather’s death. Not too bad, for a nine-year-old. Winner of numerous awards and included on seventeen state reading lists.